Thursday, November 1, 2012

Settling In

We said goodbye to our tiny first home this week. That little apartment held lots of sweet memories of our first year and a half together. It has been “home” to me to me for what seems like forever and I admit, it was strange seeing it completely empty again.

We are officially moved into our first house. There are boxes everywhere still, and despite my efforts to descriptively label each box’s contents, we are still looking for some of our things we need every day.

My kitchen is mostly set up, though there’s still lots to be put away. Boxes are making their way from the garage to the appropriate rooms. We’ve only been here three nights and I’m wondering if I will ever get everything put where it belongs.

We had lots of help from family and church friends. My mom and sisters came for two days and did so much. I don’t know what I would have done without them. My six year old sister said that her favorite part of helping someone move was getting to meddle in all their stuff.

Soon, I’ll share the story of how the Lord brought us to this house and worked everything out for us and showed us over and over that this was His will. As I get unpacked and start decorating I’ll share pictures.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment