Thursday, March 22, 2012

Banana Nut Bread

bananabread
I am not a banana eater. I liked them when I was younger but can live without them now. My husband loves bananas but he eats them in phases. The last several times I’ve bought bananas I’ve had several go bad. I would forget to freeze them for later use in smoothies or recipes or whatever.  Yesterday I had some reach that point where they either needed to be used or frozen because it was almost over for them.
I mentioned banana bread a couple of weeks ago to Jacob and he had been after me ever since to make some and yesterday was the day. It turned out so delicious and yummy and made the apartment smell heavenly.
 I can never wait for the bread to cool completely before diving in. I love it with butter and a tall glass of milk. Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe!
Banana Nut Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour the bottom of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 c. chopped pecans
Mix together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and set aside.
Stir together the following:
1/2 butter, melted
3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
1 t vanilla extract
Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour-1 hour 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool completely on wire wrack. Yield: 1 loaf
This recipe can also be used to make muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment