Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother’s Day

  We had a wonderful Mother’s Day on Sunday. We were blessed to be able  to spend it with both moms at the same time and all of the extended family. My parents hosted a crawfish boil Sunday evening and family and in-laws on both sides came in for it. We have been so blessed that all of the in-laws on all sides get along and enjoy being together. It makes things so much easier and so much fun.

  Sunday morning we surprised Mama by showing up to go to church with her. She thought we were going to be at our church and drive out as service was over. That was very fun surprising her and it was so good to see everyone at my home church.

My Dad preached an awesome lesson from Proverbs 31. I enjoyed it so and was fed by it.

Here are a few photos from our day. Hope you enjoy!

meandmama2

Me and my wonderful Superwoman Mama.

md1

Daddy, Lydia and Jacob starting to set things up. Lyddie couldn’t find her shoes so she just grabbed Wendi’s.

md2

md3

Almost time to put the crawfish in!

md10

 

md4

My grandparents and a little cousin. He’s going to be a big brother in a few weeks. We are all so excited.

md5

We have always used this huge cast iron pot for crawfish. It was my great-grandmother’s wash pot. It is so heavy it takes two men to move it.

md6

Time to eat!

Later that evening Jacob, Faith and I went to check our cows. One of our heifers had a calf the night before and I wanted to see it. Faith loves to see the cows. She usually falls asleep before sh gets back home. Sunday evening was no different.

meandfaith

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the photos. It looked like it was a wonderful Mother's Day get-together! Have a blessed week ahead ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your pics, Rebecca. hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a great day! I've been in crawfish mode lately, too... Finally got some crawfish cakes last night. And a little off-topic, but I love the way your hair is pinned up. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;) Finding new ways to arrange my hair is one of my favorite things to do. It's almost to my knees, so I've got plenty to work with ;)

      Delete