Friday, July 6, 2012

Cooking with Pinterest

 

Pinterest has grown immensely popular of late and with good reason. It is a vast treasure trove of useful ideas, information and tips. I personally have found many helpful things there that I use everyday.

 A short disclaimer: While Pinterest is a great tool and resource, I must warn you that some Pinterest users do not have any qualms about posting things that should not be seen. As with any public site, there are occasionally some very offensive and inappropriate pins. People are carnal and that can not be helped. They are rare and if you are searching for recipes or crafts, etc., you are not likely to run into anything lewd or vulgar. Please use caution and discretion.                   

I love Pinterest. I probably spend more time there than I should, but there are just so many great, wonderful, neat ideas I’ve never thought of before and I need them! Well, maybe not need but I certainly enjoy looking through and finding ways of making life easier.

I (and Jacob!) have especially enjoyed all of the recipe pins and food inspirations that are available there. The possibilities seem endless. There are wonderful ideas for easy breakfasts, lunches, crockpot or oven suppers and snacks.

One of the neatest ideas I’ve seen and want to try is salad in a jar. I haven’t tried it yet but I plan to soon for some of Jacob’s work lunches.

Here are three recipes that we have tried lately from Pinterest pins:

Honey Garlic Pork Chops/Kabobs

30 Minute Rolls (recipe can be found on this blog)

Crockpot Italian Chicken

 

{My Recipe board}

 {My Desserts board}

Here are two things to remember and consider when pinning recipes:

1: Always, always, always go to the original pin’s source. You can do this usually by clicking on the pinned photo. Even if the recipe is included in the pin description and is fairly simple (or seems simple), always go to the source and double check everything before you begin cooking.

2: When you’ve tried a Pinterest recipe that you’ve pinned, go back to your pin and tell what you liked about it, if it was good and if you changed or added anything to the recipe. Your friends/followers will enjoy you sharing the recipe and will appreciate your comments about how you prepared it.

 

{Follow me on Pinterest}

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    Saw that you mention you want to try salad in a jar. You might want to check out the actual blog "Salad in a Jar." She has many posts pertaining to salad, but also making yogurt, and using a bread machine to mix up dough, but actually baking in the oven. It's a lovely blog! Plus, I shared with her a while back that you do NOT have for have a Foodsaver machine to vacuum seal your salad in mason jars - just use a #4.00 Ziplock pump. Please check out her blog - it's great! Vicki W.

    ReplyDelete