Thursday, January 3, 2013

And here we are in 2013!

      The holidays are over and we are getting back into a more normal routine. My husband went back to work yesterday and after having him all to myself for two 4-day weekends in a row, I’m feeling a little lost and not sure what to do with myself.

   I’ve been busy decorating and put up curtains last week with Jacob’s help. We’ve been married almost two years and I finally hung our first set of curtains. When we lived in the apartment I never found anything I liked (pre-made curtains or fabric) so I just didn’t do curtains. In our new house however, that would not be acceptable. I finally found some that I liked at Hobby Lobby for the living room and I’m working on one room at a time.

SAM_0212

I still need to get some sheer panels to go behind the curtains and you can see the Christmas tree, bare and waiting to be taken down, on the left side ;)

While I’ve been getting “my spaces” how I want them, Jacob has been doing the same with his domain—the garage. He took advantage of the four day weekends he had during the holidays to work in his garage and build a work bench. I took a few photos, but didn’t get one of the end result.

SAM_0205

The first thing he did was build a work bench. He enjoyed himself so much that he didn’t come to bed until the wee hours of the morning.

SAM_0207

He finally has a place to do all of the carpentry projects he’s been missing the last two years. I’m hoping for some bookshelves now ;)

In baby news: Morning sickness hasn’t reared its ugly head in almost a month. Thank the Lord for helping me to survive until the second trimester! I was able to enjoy the holidays to the fullest. I am enjoying getting things done again, though I do tire easily and have to take breaks often.

Three weeks ago I felt the first little kick and everyday since then, Little Bit has been letting me know that it’s really in there! It is a very active little person with it’s favorite playtime hours being right when I’m trying to go to sleep. Jacob still hasn’t felt the baby kick yet but hopefully he will soon.

In a few weeks we’ll find out if our firstborn is a boy or girl. I can’t wait to find out so we can stop calling the baby “It” and start calling it by its name. Despite the many predictions that I would have twins, there is only one baby in there ;) I’ve seen for myself.

bump

The 14 1/2 week bump photo. Jacob caught me off guard and talking. We were on yet another trip to Lowe’s for stuff for the garage.

This year is going to be our biggest yet and full of changes. I can’t wait to see what all the Lord has in store for 2013!

6 comments:

  1. You are absolutely glowing, Rebecca. And your new home is lovely. I am so happy for you and Jacob.
    Many blessings in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Lisa! I hope your new year is wonderful as well <3

      Delete
  2. Curtains are fun to choose and I love the look of sheers behind them...They just soften a room. I remember going to Menards when we were building...I knew every aisle and most of the gals at the checkout! Lol
    These are the days you will both look back on and say, "Those were the days!" Great times of memories and planning, too. God bless you all three!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Jacqueline! Now that we are in our own home, it is so much more fun to decorate--everything feels more permanent.
      We are having so much fun ;)

      Delete
  3. I love the way you set up your new house, it's very cute and homey. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! It has been fun to finally get things set up how I want--and feeling better definitely gives me more motivation ;)

      Delete