Friday, June 10, 2011

Blessed beyond Words!

I am such a blessed woman. Everyday I realize it more.
 I was privileged to be raised in a Christian home by dedicated parents who, despite opposition in the beginning, chose to homeschool my siblings and me. They sacrificed to educate not only our heads and minds, but our hearts as well. Academics were important, but matters of the heart were of even greater importance to them. They wanted us to understand and know why we believed what we believed and from where in Scripture that we drew our beliefs. They taught us that if we honor the Lord and keep His commandments and precepts, that He would always provide for us and keep us safe.
  They protected us from many things until we were old and mature enough to handle and deal with them. No wasn't always my favorite answer and I didn't always understand why they did things the way that they did, but I am so thankful now. I never doubted that they loved me and had my best interest at heart.
 I am blessed with six siblings whom I love very dearly. We have been best friends and I greatly miss being with them. We didn't always get along all of the time but we were (are!)  very close and united in vision and desires for our family and our church.
 Now, as a married woman I am even more overwhelmed by blessings. I have a husband who loves me as Christ loves the Church and constantly gives and sacrifices for me. He places me above everything but God, and I am overwhelmed and amazed by his love for me at times.
 I have awesome in-laws who love me like I was their own daughter.
 Ever since I was little I always wanted to be a mommy and stay at home--just like my mom. I expressed this desire to Jacob in the early days of our courtship and he agreed to it and honored it.
 So we are a single income family. It hasn't been easy, I'll admit, and there have been times when we haven't known where the money was going to come from. But because we have honored the Lord's precepts, He has always-without fail--provided for our every need.
  This week, Jacob showed me again how deep his love for me is. We had a big, beautiful, huge Ford F350 truck and the monthly payments for that truck were almost as big as the truck itself. Instead of insisting that I get a job so we could keep the truck, Jacob sold the truck this week so that I could stay home. Now he is driving my cute little white Chevy Malibu to work.
 Have I mentioned I love my husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment