Monday, December 5, 2011

Digital Scrapbooking: Part 2


 In this post, I shared my favorite software for digital scrapbooking, Craft Artist Compact.  The free digikits available from the website are great, but they didn't fulfill all of my element needs. I started searching and found that there are lots of free kits available to download and the majority of them are free. They often come with all kinds of elements--lace, buttons, ribbons, backgrounds, frames, borders, etc.
 JPEG files will work with the program, but PNG files work the best. They have a transparent background and work best for layering.
   Once you start looking and searching, you'll find more things than you have time to look through. Here are a few places to get you started.

Friendly Scrap

Far Far Hill

Shabby Princess

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. After seeing your link-up with the lovely '3 wishes' poem, I am so wishing I could do something like that! Rebecca, is it difficult? It would be so nice to make banners and such!! Would you pray that I might have confidence...also my Rebecca can help me get started. She loves things like this, but is very busy helping her father and the many thing which have followed graduation! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Jacqueline,
    It's very easy! It is simply just exploring and trying things out until you are pleased with the outcome. I'll be happy to help you with anything and answer any questions you might have.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete