Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Heading out…

It is that time of year again. For those of you not married to deer hunters, it’s deer season. The time of year when you can go to Walmart and see people in full camo and it completely acceptable. My husband’s trigger finger has been so itchy, that I am glad we are headed to the deerlease this evening. He packed all of his stuff last night and is loaded for bear (which, hopefully we won’t see, since they are not native to where we are headed!).

I’ve spent the last several days trying to make sure all the laundry is caught up,  and  going over lists multiple times to make sure we don’t forget anything. I wanted to make sure to use up or throw out anything that would go bad while we are gone, hence the double batch of banana bread in the oven right now—it smells great! ;) We can’t go to the deerlease without junk food, so I am trying to combat it and compromise with not-as-bad-for-you-as-Little-Debbie  homemade junk food. Homemade cookies are next on the list to go in the oven this morning.

   My mom and sisters are coming over today before we leave and I’m so glad. It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve seen them and I’ve been missing them pretty bad. Mom said that Faith was crying for me yesterday. We might have to have one of the  banana bread loaves with our coffee ;)

I’ve been very busy and getting a lot accomplished, but I am disappointed that I ran out of time to get my camouflage culottes made.  They’ll be finished in time for the next hunting trip.

In the midst of all this ( and doing things for our new house) I have almost 20 golf clubs on Ebay right now. My husband and father-in-law stumbled upon an unbelievable deal and bought them to re-sell. Since I’m the one with Ebay experience, I’m the one who got to handle all of it. Which is fine, but I know absolutely nothing about  golf, or golf clubs, so I have to wait for Jacob to get home to answer potential buyer’s questions. I know the difference between a driver, fairway wood and sand wedge now ;).  Thankfully we will have internet at the deerlease so I will be able to keep up with what sells, etc.

As soon as we get back, it will be time to start packing to move! We should close on our house by the end of next week. I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

I’d better close here, there are still mountains of things to do to be ready leave. I promise to share pictures of our trip next week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment