Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pot Plants--aka "Victims"

Sunflowers in my cousin's yard

This morning I woke up in the mood to work in my flowerbeds....but wait, I don't have any flower beds here. Sometimes I wake and forget momentarily that I'm in an apartment in a large city.
 Still I've been suffering from the desire to get my hands in some good dirt and plant things. The smell of the fresh turned dirt, the warmth of the sun, and the aroma of herbs--I can almost taste it! This was only aggravated and made worse by my spending five days at my parent's home for July 4th. This little country mouse was in her element....
I'm not much of a gardener, I'll admit.  I do best with plants that thrive on neglect and are not in pots. My herbs that I grew at my parents house are still there and thriving. However, if you give me a pot plant, you've pretty much signed its death warrant.
However, since it looks like we will be here for a little while, I must simply get over my pot plant inabilities and do better. Apartment porches look lonely and uninviting if there are no plants on them. I want our little home to be as cozy and inviting as possible, so conquer pot plants I must.
 Any and all suggestions/comments/advice are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment