Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beyond the Gates of Splendor



I have always loved Elisabeth Elliot. Her writings and stories have helped me through a lot.
 I watched the documentary "Beyond the Gates of Splendor" a few years ago and found it last week on hulu.com .PLEASE NOTE: this is a secular site and I do not endorse it, its views, its sponsor's views, etc. This is just where I found the movie to re-watch.

  The sacrifice of the 5 missionary families is overwhelming. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for the families to lose their husbands and fathers, and all of the questions that must have raged in their hearts afterwards.
Jim and Elisabeth Elliot

This is a tough documentary and is very true-to-life, so it is not for younger viewers. There is some nudity and violence.
 Below is the link for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment