Friday, November 11, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 10

Yesterday was spent busily packing and preparing to leave, with almost no time to write, so today is catch-up day.

Today I am thankful for my church and pastors. I was blessed with a wonderful church and pastor growing up--I was at the same church and had the same  pastor till I married-- and I thank the Lord every day for them. They helped my parents place in me a love for the Word of God and for Truth. That love helped carry me through some rocky times growing up. I am so thankful for their Godly influence in my life.
 My church family is like family to me and I miss them greatly. It was so good to see them all last Sunday when Jacob took me home for a visit.
 Even though I was transplanted from the place and  people I loved so much, the Lord has given me a wonderful new church who already loves me greatly, and I them. My new church is home now. We have amazing leadership in our church that I am growing in respect for more everyday.
 The Lord has blessed me with many sweet friends at my new home and I am so thankful for them. Gone are the days of feeling out-of-place and like an outsider.
  And now, we'll be moving to a new church for a few months, and I already miss everyone. I didn't realize how much everyone already meant to me til now. That makes me happy, because there was a time when I wondered if I would ever really feel like I belonged there.
  I have been so blessed throughout my whole life with wise, kind pastors and loving churches who really care about the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment