Wednesday, November 9, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 9


Today I am thankful that I am able to be a homemaker. It was always a desire and a dream of mine since I was a little girl. I always just wanted to be a wife and mommy. I am so thankful that that dream was able to become a reality from day one of our marriage.
  I love being at home and making our little place a home. The home is such an important place for a family. For too many people and families their home is just a place to eat and sleep. They live most of their lives away from their home. I can't imagine how that would be.
 I am so glad that Jacob loves me being a homemaker. Honestly, at first, he wasn't too sure about the idea. Most of the ladies he knows work outside of their home. And he was concerned about how tight our finances would be on only one income--a very valid point. But I expressed my desire to stay at home to him and he consented. Now he loves that I stay home. And since we have started out on only one income, I won't be quitting a job when the day comes that we have children, so it won't feel like are getting a pay cut.
 But as I have said before, God has always provided--He is honoring that we chose for me to stay at home and to trust Him. He always comes through for us :)
  Another plus to staying at home, right now I have lots of time to sew and make things. I have a way to generate income from my home, which is great :) I am learning lots of new skills that make my products better.
 And perhaps the best thing about being a stay-at-home wife right now is that I am able to jump up and go with my husband wherever he goes. This upcoming move would be at lot more difficult if I had a job. Some of my girlfriends' husbands work away for a few weeks at time, and they aren't able to with them. I can't imagine that!
  I am so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. :-) You're one of my heroes! I know you are a true blessing to Jacob.
    ---MH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Missy ;) You're too sweet. Love you!

    ReplyDelete