Monday, November 21, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 20 & 21


 I've been thinking a lot lately about the Godly heritage I've been blessed with in my parents and grandparents. Both sets of grandparents have lived and example of dedication and faithfulness to God's Word and  His precepts. They have always encouraged and exhorted me to grow closer to the Lord and follow hard after him with all of my heart. They have always been there when I needed advice, or just for someone to listen.
 On one side of my family, a great-great-grandfather of mine was a brush arbor preacher.  Farmers and ranchers, our family has always been tied to the land.
My Nannie and Papa have been married over 50 years and my Nana and Poppa are almost to the 50 year mark. Their examples of love and faithfulness over the years are an inspiration to me.
 I am so thankful that I have been able to have them with me for so long. I can't wait for the day when I can tell them that they will be great-grandparents. So many people don't have that privilege.

Jacob and I with our grandparents at the wedding

On another note, I am so excited that in two days we'll be going home! I have missed my family so much and can't wait to see them.

1 comment:

  1. A Godly heritage is a great blessing. I'm so grateful my sons can look up to their grandparents and have Godly heros in their lives.

    ReplyDelete