Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Carpet Cleaner--from your pantry

Earlier today I found a recipe for carpet cleaner (on Pinterest, where else?!). I had been needing to buy some carpet cleaner for a few coffee spots and a place or two by the front door.
 I saw the recipe and decided to try it before I bought any from the store. I'm always open to expirements :)
 Guess what? It really worked! And it was so inexpensive and easy--barely any elbow grease and it was quick.
I am completely sold on it and never have to worry about running out of cleaner again. Yippee!

CARPET CLEANER:

First, sprinkle the stain(s) with BAKING SODA and rub it in a little. Let set for 10 or so minutes. Vacuum up the baking soda, then mix:

2 cups of warm water
1 T. white vinegar
1 T. dishwashing liquid (I used Dawn)

Sponge onto stain generously and scrub. Let dry and say goodbye to stains :)

Note: I haven't noticed any vinegary smell--which was really the only concern I had with the mix.



Also check out the following recipe for Homemade Fabric Softener

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Rebecca! I'm going to try it today. :) I love your blog, and I'm your newest follower/subscriber. (Your post about how you and your hubby met is wonderful. The Lord's hand in the situation is so evident!) I would love to have you stop by and see me sometime. :)
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, I hope it worked as well for you as it did for me :)
    Thanks for following this blog! I'm glad to have you <3
    Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete