Thursday, November 17, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 16 & 17

This week has been rather busy and it's been hard to stay on top of blogging so today is catch-up day again.

 I was so blessed to be able to spend most of the day yesterday with some good friends of ours that live here in our new city.
 I met Elizah 5 years ago. At that time she and her husband Brian only had one child and were expecting another. Now they have three--two girls and a boy. We don't get to see each other much, so when we learned that we would be living so close we were so excited.
 In recent years I've also become acquainted with some of Elizah's sisters.
  Yesterday we visited and Elizah worked on some matching jumpers for her girls. I am working on another big pineapple doily, so I took that to work on while we visited. Her youngest sister Devorah (de-vor-ah) was there too.
  Elizah and Brian raise and sell certified organic chickens. They are going to a farmer's market this weekend so the second part of the day Elizah and I went to Sam's to get supplies for baked goods for Elizah to sell.
 I had such a good time and I am so thankful that we have friends here. It helps make the move easier.
  Another thing I am excited about is that very close to where Elizah lives is a little store where I can get essential oils. I've been seeing some recipes for homemade cleaning products and now I can try them since I'll be able to get the ingredients locally. I'll let you know how they turn out. Unfortunately, some of my experiments have been less than stellar.
  Our new apartment is beginning to feel more like home. My car is almost emptied and I have some of our pictures and decorations from home out. My coffee maker and KitchenAid mixer are in the kitchen now--that goes a long way in making the place feel like home :)
 It has turned chilly and Jacob and I can't wait to try out the fireplace in our livingroom! It's been years since I've had a fireplace. It will be so fun to decorate for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment