Tuesday, November 8, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 8


Today the things I'm thankful for may seem silly, but I am grateful for them :)

  Coffee and chocolate are two of my very favorite things :) And when they are together--almost Heaven on earth!
 Coffee is one of my best friends. Unfortunately, I am usually not a very nice person in the mornings until I get my coffee. My siblings have been known to warn others about me before I have my "morning devotions" ;) I've also heard things like "creature from the Black Lagoon" and "Mrs Grinch" whispered as I made my way to the coffee pot. Sad, but true...things are getting better though. I'm also an afternoon coffee lover. I look forward to my coffee in the afternoon so much everyday. When I lived at home one of my favorite times of the day would be when we would all stop for coffee. It just isn't the same sipping coffee alone.
 Believe it or not, I drink my coffee black, with no cream or sugar. My brothers drink it how they say they like their girls: blonde and sweet. Oh brother....

Ah chocolate, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways! I love thee in cakes, in cookies, in ice cream and all by thyself. I love you in almost every form you come in. I'm not sure who brought chocolate to the New World, but I am so glad they did.

Apparently I'm not too silly dedicating a blog post to coffee and chocolate--Tchaikovsky wrote two pieces in The Nutcracker Ballet one titled "Coffee" and the other "Chocolate". Maybe he felt the same way about them as I do. Below are both pieces, so grab a cup of coffee and some chocolate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment