Saturday, November 19, 2011

24 Days of Thanksgiving; Days 18 &19

Ok so I said I should be able to start posting more regularly since we're settled in, but I wasn't expecting  the effect my husband's work schedule to make such an impact on my day ;)
 While we are here--at least for a little while--Jacob is working four ten hour days. That means we have a three day weekend every weekend. That's like two Saturdays in a row!
 That's what I'm thankful for today and yesterday.
 We slept in, which is something we haven't be able to do in forever and Jacob made breakfast. Jacob washed his truck and I cut out sewing patterns, but other than that we did a whole lotta nothing.  We made supper together and I tried out a new dinner roll recipe. (Recipe below) I'll be making them for Thanksgiving this year.
 I think today we'll probably venture out and maybe do some Christmas shopping.
  I'm so thankful for our uninterrupted, relaxed time together. I know that it won't always be like this, so I want to cherish and end enjoy every moment.

30 Minute Rolls



1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 C oil
2 Tbsp yeast
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
3 1/2 C flour

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.  Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour.  Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)
Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.  Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.

Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment